Energy is a key component to the success of your workout no matter what style of training you are into. Ut will you have enough energy to make it all the way through your session or will you end up experiencing early onset fatigue? If this is a concern for you a pre-workout supplement may be a great tool to use.
However, many of the supplements available to help with energy also contain Creatine, which may be an issue for you. Creatine is not tolerable for some people and therefore you need a supplement that has none added. Luckily, there are plenty of pre-workout supplements without Creatine available on the market. The tricky part is selecting the best one for you and your workout.
In this article, we are going to list five of the best pre-workout supplements without creatine options that you can find on the market in 2019. So, let’s get down to it so you can get your muscles pumping as soon as possible.
Best Pre-Workout Supplements without Creatine Reviews
Alpha Gx7 Pre-Workout Powder
- ✅ Gx7 PRE WORKOUT FOR MEN - With clinically dosed ingredients you'll feel a huge energy boost within minutes and be able to enjoy the best workouts of your life.
- ✅ IMMEDIATE STRENGTH GAINS - The ingredients inside of Alpha Gx7 Pre workout for men powder are carefully chosen to boost strength and give you amazing drive and focus.
- ✅ RESEARCHED BACKED INGREDIENTS, WITHOUT THE JUNK - Alpha Gx7 Pre-workout contains only science based ingredients proven to give you the best workouts that you've ever had.
- ✅ BREAK THROUGH PLATEAUS, lift more weight, and leave the gym with the best pump you've ever had. Prime your muscles with the right fuel before your workout, with Gx7 Pre Workout.
- ✅ Gx7 Pre Workout is ALWAYS MADE IN THE USA!
The first entry comes from Alpha and offers a creatine-less powder that heightens energy as well as a few other key things needed when getting your sweat on. Check out what this supplement offers below.
The Gx7 powder is a supplement that increases your energy and focus, but also has the following features and benefits:
- Curated ingredients that have been scientifically proven to enhance your performance and energy
- Enhanced flavor
- Contains B3 and Beta Alanine that help with muscle endurance
- Contains 30 servings per tub
The Gx7 supplement powder comes from the premium brand, Alpha, who is one of those companies that is an open book when it comes to their product. This supplement is your basic pre-workout powder with minimal ingredients, but that does not in any way detract from its performance.
Though there are several reviews that complain about the low-level “pump” afforded by this powder this supplement still has a lot to offer. This supplement is a great tool to combat early loss of energy and contains an elevated level of Alpha-Ketoglutarate, which is a key element in protein which is a great addition to the recipe.
The recipe does suffer from a limited amount of Citrulline Malate which helps to increase blood flow, but even with this drawback, the positive attributes of this powder makes it a great choice for a pre-workout supplement. And it has a mild flavor (unlike others on the market), too!
- Premium Brand
- Enhanced energy
- Mild flavor
- Low levels of certain ingredients
- “Pump” is low-level
Optimum Nutritional Essential Amino Energy
- Amino blend: A perfectly blended mix of amino acids to aid in muscle recovery
- Energy blend: With 100 millligram of caffeine coming from green tea and/or green coffee extracts to supply you with a boost of energy to help you get through the day or a grueling workout
- Mental focus: Don’t allow the day to get the best of you, the unique formula in essential Amino; Energy helps provide you with the mental focus you need
- Any time formula: This unique formula is perfect for any time of the day such as helping you get energized and focused in the morning, helping to stay focused and productive in the afternoon, or even supporting your energy levels and focus in the gym
- 5 calories per serving; 1 gram of carbs; no sugar; 10+ delightful flavors to choose from ; Replaces Electrolytes Lost in Sweat During Exercise
This entry focus’ on creating that energy boost you’re looking for with the additions of amino acids and has a tone of great features as well.
Optimum Nutrition has crafted a supplement that is perfect for your pre-workout needs. This supplement brings these features and benefits to your gym session:
- Carefully crafted blend of herbal supplements and 65 different amino acids
- Ability to be used no matter what time of day you’re hit the gym
- Large Tube (65 servings)
- Variety of flavors
Optimum has raised the bar when it comes to the inclusion of amino acids in supplements. With an amino acid count that comes in at 65, you can be assured top-level performance and long-lasting energy when you use this product. Along with elevated performance, you also get a lot of servings for a budget-friendly price tag. This makes it a win-win in many consumers eyes. Though there are a few places where this supplement could be improved.
There is an exceptionally low Beta-Alanine in the recipe which is something some exercise enthusiasts feel is a definite negative and it does not mix well. Though if you are looking for a supplement for your pre-workout regime and you are working with a tight budget the benefits of this supplement far outweigh the drawbacks and that may mean this is the perfect choice for you.
- Long-lasting energy
- Variety of flavors
- 65 amino acids
- Low-level of Beta-Alanine
- Not good to mix with
Legion Pulse Pre-Workout Supplement
- 100% ALL NATURAL PRE WORKOUT POWDER. Pulse is a naturally sweetened and flavored pre workout supplement that contains large and effective doses of the best science-backed ingredients, including those found in many nitric oxide supplements: L citrulline malate, betaine, beta alanine, alpha gpc, caffeine, and L theanine.
- BOOSTS ENERGY & FOCUS. Mix a serving of this preworkout for women and men with water, swig it down, and get fired up and zeroed in and crush your workout . . . and without the jitters, upset stomach, or post-workout crash.
- ENHANCES STRENGTH & ENDURANCE. This all natural preworkout powder is a nitric oxide booster and helps you push more weight and reps, get bigger and better pumps, and gain more muscle and strength.
- GUARANTEED RESULTS OR YOUR MONEY BACK. If you're not 100% satisfied with this preworkout for men and women, just notify us and we’ll give you a prompt and courteous refund on the spot. No complicated forms and no return necessary.
- THE MAN BEHIND THE BRAND. Tired of the exaggeration and lies of the workout supplements industry? So was Mike Mathews, international bestselling fitness author with over a million books sold, and that's why he created Legion Athletics.
Legion Athletics, created by the international best-selling fitness author, Mike Mathews, is one of the world leading producers of natural pre-workout supplements.
Concentrating on using natural ingredients to create formulas that not only elevate your physical performance but your mental performance as well, Legion Athletics brings us our next entry. This supplement also offers you the following excellent benefits and features:
- Crafted with all natural scientifically proven ingredients
- Enhanced No2 for increased “pump”
- Absolutely no fillers used in the formula
This pre-workout supplement finds itself on a lot of the best of the list because of its premium formula which works to enhance and elevate your workout performance. Though it is a bit pricier (and does not have the best taste) than some of the other options on the market you get what you pay for. Hitting the trifecta of attributes every fitness enthusiast is looking for – strength, endurance, and energy- this pre-workout supplement is a great choice for anyone looking for an enhanced level of performance.
- Good energy
- “Pump” is good
- Enhanced strength
- No colors or chemicals used in the recipe
Red Leaf Pre-Workout Energizer Powder
- 40 milligram of caffeine for a mild energy boost without crash
- 1 gram of beta-alanine for muscle endurance and stamina
- 1500 milligram BCAA's for recovery during and after your workout
- Great-tasting substitute for coffee and other high caffeine energy drinks
- Disclaimer: you may experience itchiness when using pre-workout due to the amino acid, beta-alanine. This is a natural histamine response that diminishes over time with continued use.
If you are looking for a pre-workout supplement that is solely about the energy than look at Red Leaf’s Energizer Powder.
If you are less concerned with your “pump and more concerned with keeping your energy level at its optimal performance, then the Red Leaf Pre-workout Energizer Powder. This pre-workout powder is full of benefits and features like:
- Formula crafted with all-natural extracts and ingredients
- Antioxidants included in the formula
- Enhanced performance and recover
- NO carbs or artificial flavors used
- 30 servings per tub
This is a basic pre-workout supplement designed to focus solely on ensuring that you have enough energy to complete your workout. With all-natural ingredients including antioxidants like green tea extract, this powder is a great choice for people who are incredibly cautious when it comes to artificial additives and compounds.
This is not a supplement that will help with your “pump but will offer you jitter and crash free experience. So, the Red Leaf Energizer powder, though it does have its drawback is a great choice for that trying to eliminate anything artificial, but still want a slight boost in energy.
- Healthy product
- Formula includes antioxidants
- Lack of jitters & crash
- Mediocre energy boost
- No flavor choice
- Lack of “pump”
Primal Muscle Surge Pre-Workout Drink
Our last entry is from Primal, a company that strives to use the best ingredients that will help with any weight loss or bodybuilding needs. This Muscle Surge Pre-Workout Drink does exactly that. Check it out!
With strong customer review satisfaction, this supplement has easily made its way onto our list. With features like the ones listed below, it is easy to see why it is so well reviewed and received by bodybuilders and workout enthusiasts alike:
- Enhanced workout performance
- Patented formula crafted in scientifically proven ingredients
- Ingredients that also promote enhanced mental focus
- No fillers used in the formula
- 30 servings in the tub
This supplement delivers on its promises, which is why it has such great reviews. With a wide variety of ingredients, the pre-workout drink is set up to be a fantastic purchase, especially since the price tag is so reasonable. However, despite the long list of ingredients, the quantities of each will not meet some fitness enthusiasts’ requirements.
When you think about the effectiveness and the fact that unlike some other supplements, it has a pretty good taste, this is one of the best choices on the market.
Overlooking the unbalanced division of ingredients is one thing, but many super health conscious fitness enthusiasts may shy away from this option as it does contain artificial ingredients. Come on, where do you think the good taste came from? But if you are not concerned with this issue then the Primal Muscle Surge Pre-Workout Drink may be the right choice for you.
- Diverse ingredients
- Energy Boost
- Contains artificial ingredients
Are you ready to get your “pump” on? We have just looked at a few of the many options that can help you enhance your performance and muscle development, and maintain your energy during that intensive workout.
Choosing that one great pre-workout supplement can be super important to ensure you get the most out of your workout or enhance your athletic performance, but there are so many different types that that decision can be quite frustrating.
Which one and which benefits you are looking for is a personal preference, but hopefully, with this article, we have given you a great place to start with our list of the best pre-workout supplements without creatine.
Our favorite all-rounder option is the Primal Muscle Surge Pre-Workout Drink thanks to its excellent energy boost, great taste, and diverse ingredients. And if you can deal with the fact that it has artificial ingredients (what doesn’t?!), then you have a great product on your side.