When you are a vegetarian, you may find that converting fat into muscle a particular challenge. A vegetarian diet is great when you would like to improve your physique and lose weight, however, you will face more challenges than if you followed a regular meat-based diet.
The best way to ensure you get the most of your workout and get quick results is to add protein supplements to your daily healthy eating routine. However, before you start taking protein supplements suitable for vegetarians, you need to know how the best protein supplements for vegetarians work.
How To Make the Most Out Of The Best Protein Supplements for Vegetarians
When you are a vegetarian, you need to pay extra attention to the way you take your protein supplements. Most vegetarian food is low in protein but high in other nutritional elements such as fiber and antioxidants. You should make the most out of the nutritional relationships which are naturally available when you are on a vegetarian diet. Taking a protein supplement with your meal will help to increase the absorption of the supplement, and you will start seeing results much faster.
Top 3 Best Protein Supplements For Vegetarians
At the end of the day, it is all about choosing the right kind of supplement for your work out routine. If you are a bodybuilder you need to invest in a supplement which is rich in both amino acids and protein. When you are focusing on getting fit for a triathlon or long distance run, you need to make sure your supplement contains essential vitamins such as vitamin B which will help you to build up muscle mass.
- Same trusted quality with a brand new look! Packaging may vary.
- 24 G Pure Unflavored Protein Powder
- Add 1 level scoop daily to 12 oz. of cold water, juice, or your favorite beverage. Stir or blend. Store in a cool, dry, dark place after opening.
- Serving Size: 1 Level Scoop (33 g) / Servings Per Container: About 96
- Corn Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, High Protein, Keto Friendly, Kosher, Made w/o Gluten, non-GMO, Nut Free, Soy Free, Sugar Free, Vegan / Vegetarian
Pea protein is one of the top protein supplements you can turn to as a vegetarian. Peas are packed with protein and amino acids, but when we eat them as a vegetable, our bodies fail to make the most out of their nutritional value. The reason is simple. It takes a lot of energy for the body to break down the tough outer shell of this nutritional powerhouse of a vegetable. As a result, the protein in peas is not necessarily absorbed by the body. The easiest way to make sure that you get the best nutritional value out of peas is to add a pea protein to your diet. It will help you to increase muscle mass and aid weight loss.
Vegetarian Plant Enzymes
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY DIGESTION*/VEGAN FORMULA: NOW Plant Enzymes is a comprehensive blend of enzymes that helps to support proper digestion.*
- WITH LACTASE, PROTEASE, PAPIAN, AND BROMELAIN: This product's combination of enzymes assists in the breakdown of fats, fiber, proteins, and carbohydrates, thus optimizing the availability of nutrients in the food you eat.*
- CERTIFICATIONS/CLASSIFICATIONS: Quality GMP Assured, Non-GMO, Soy Free, Vegan/Vegetarian, Kosher, Keto Friendly
- GMP Quality Assured: NOW closely adheres to both mandatory U.S. FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP) regulations and voluntary Natural Products Association (NPA) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations. Good manufacturing practices ensure compliance with sanitation, processing, documentation, and testing requirements that are designed to promote consistent, highly reproducible product quality and safety.
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
There are different ways at looking at vegetarian protein supplements. You can trick your body into getting the more out of the food you eat. Vegetarian plant enzymes found in fruits like papaya and pineapple will increase the body’s absorption of protein. Adding both to your diet will help, but not enough to make much of a difference.
The digestive enzymes in papayas and pineapples can only be found in certain parts of the fruit. For instance, bromelain which is the main digestive enzyme in pineapples is only available in the core of the pineapple. It is impossible to absorb enough enzymes to help your body to extract more protein by eating pineapple. To make a difference, it is best to take a vegetarian plant enzyme supplement at meal times.
Vega Protein and Greens Vanilla
- #1 PLANT-BASED PROTEIN POWDER BRAND*
- PLANT-BASED PROTEIN POWDER: 20g vegan protein from a multisource blend of pea protein, brown rice protein, and sacha inchi protein
- GREENS: Including ingredients like organic alfalfa powder, spinach powder, broccoli powder, and organic kale powder
- NO ADDED SUGAR: Vega Protein & Greens is sweetened with stevia, our naturally calorie-free sweetener of choice. We know stevia isn't for everyone, so we also offer our stevia-free Plain Unsweetened (previously Natural) flavor
- EASY TO BLEND OR SHAKE: Add an easy 20g plant-based protein to your day - Vega Protein & Greens can help upgrade your morning smoothie or provide a quick afternoon snack when shaken with water or non-dairy milk
If you don’t want to take a capsule or tablet, you may want to check out protein powders which you can drink or add to juices. They work a little bit differently from supplements available in tablet or capsule formats. To make the most out of them, you need to take them between meal times. It is best to take a protein powder first thing in the morning, and if you are working out to achieve a particular goal, you should add another protein powder to your diet later on in the day.
Taking a protein powder around meal time is not a good idea. It will not help to increase protein absorption, and you may, in fact, lose out some of the nutritional value contained in the supplement.
How to Improve Your Vegetarian Diet – The Magic of Sprouts
When you are a vegetarian, you can easily increase the rate of absorption from your protein supplement by adding certain foods to your diet. Sprouts can help to increase the rate in which your body absorbs protein. Adding sprouts to your meal times is an excellent way to increase your body’s uptake of amino acids. Growing your own sprouts is not difficult and they are ready to be harvested after a few days. It only takes a few minutes every day to care for your sprouts.
How Does It Work?
The amino acids found in sprouts help to process any form of protein the body is absorbing, Both proteins and amino acids are assimilated in the liver which makes them more bio-available. They are subsequently released into the bloodstream relatively unaltered. This helps you to increase your energy levels and build muscle mass faster. On top of that, sprouts will help you to control your blood sugar level and help to reduce inflammation.
When you are a vegetarian, focusing on getting enough protein to build muscle can easily take over your life. What you need to consider, is how you can get your body to make the most of the protein you consume in food or from protein based supplements. The amino acids found in sprouts can do just that.
It is a simple solution to a rather complex nutritional problem faced by many vegetarians and vegans.
BioSnacky Alfalfa Seeds 40g by A. Vogel
Alfalfa sprouts are not only one of the richest sources of amino acids. They also contain trace minerals such as magnesium and iron which will help you to avoid muscle cramps. On top of that, alfalfa sprouts are an invaluable source of chlorophyll along with vitamins A, B2, B3, C, and D. Out of all of the sprouts, alfalfa is the sprout which is packed with the most protein.