It is not until recently that researchers in sports nutrition and exercise physiology fields started to pay more attention to nitric oxide and its role in the body. Regardless of your age or state of life, NO plays a major role in your cardiovascular health. The influence of nitric oxide in several physiological processes has inspired thousands of studies to understand its impact on enhanced performance and recovery. But what is nitric oxide and why is it important for a workout? This particular article will take a closer look at NO to help you understand what nitric oxide is and why you need it for your workouts.
A Little History of Nitric Oxide
Nitric Oxide, abbreviated as NO, is a gaseous molecule synthesized in various parts of the body. It is composed of one atom of Nitrogen bonded to an atom of Oxygen. It is one of the smallest and simplest molecules that was first identified as a gas by Joseph Priestly back in 1772. Back then, NO was classified as an air pollutant. Fast forward two centuries later, many scientific studies focused on investigating NO as a vital biological molecule and understanding mechanisms behind it have been carried out. A Nobel Prize in 1998 further raised awareness of the physiological importance of nitric acid. In the last two decades, 60k+ studies have been conducted on nitric acid.
Understanding Nitric Oxide
For some people, nitric oxide is the gas that makes us laugh when we pay the dentist a visit. To others, it is the fuel that racecar drivers use to boost their cars. I hate to break it down to you, but it’s neither of the two. For the uninitiated, nitric oxide is a vital molecule in the human physiology responsible for regulating muscle contractility, blood flow, neurotransmission and mitochondrial respiration. This highly reactive, diffusible and endogenous molecule is synthesized in every type of cell in the human body. It is released by the endothelium (inner layer) of blood vessels.
The anti-inflammatory nature of NO prevents white blood cells and platelets from sticking to the inner lining of blood vessels. This minimizes chances of blood clots and plaque accumulation.
As we grow older habits like poor diet, smoking, high cholesterol and inactivity cause our nitric oxide system and blood vessels to become less efficient. Blood vessels become less flexible leading to atherosclerosis, blood vessels inflammation and hypertension.
So What’s All the Hype About?
Research shows that the production of NO is dependent on the physical stimuli responsible for activating particular NO synthases. Increasing the production of NO has been proven to enhance athletic performance (better endurance, enhanced muscle pump and faster recovery).
Role of Nitric Oxide in Workouts
Besides being responsible for communication between body cells, nitric oxide plays a vital role in various cellular processes. Increasing NO is the new secret weapon for gym junkies and athletes. If you spend a lot of time shopping online, you have probably come across nitric oxide pre workout supplements. It is nitric oxide’s effect on energy and blood flow that has made it a popular sports supplement. More and more pro-athletes are now taking supplements with L-citrulline and L-arginine to enhance oxygen and blood flow to the skeletal muscle.
Decreased Fatigue and Quicker Recovery
Pro-athletes and bodybuilders utilize NO to get rid of exercise-induced lactic acid that causes fatigue and slow recovery during high-intensity workouts. Avoiding premature fatigue enables you to train for longer. This way, you can reap more gains from your exercise regimen.
To recover faster, your muscles need nutrients that will repair the damage caused by intense training. NO allows blood to flow through your muscles and surrounding tissues freely meaning the nutrients will be transported to the required areas. When you recover faster between workout sessions, you will be able to perform more weight training exercises.
Your mitochondria are your cells’ energy storehouses. They are found in nearly every cell in your body. Mitochondria are also your skeletal muscles energy source. The increased presence of NO signals your body to generate more mitochondria; a process scientifically referred to as mitochondrial biogenesis. This process is vital to keep up with increased energy requirements. Exercising puts your mitochondria at task to replicate themselves to address the increased energy requirements during intense workouts.
Promoting vasodilation is one of the core functions of nitric acid. As a vasodilator, NO relaxes (dilates) the inner muscles of blood vessels forcing them to widen. As a result, the molecule increases blood flow throughout the body and subsequently lowers blood pressure. Wider blood vessels enhance the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to working muscles when working out. Vasodilation also results in improved efficiency in the removal of waste products from working muscles.
Enhanced Glucose Uptake
During workouts, your performance and recovery determine how well your body takes glucose, stores it in the skeletal muscle as glycogen and utilizes it for energy. Research shows that NO plays a crucial role in glucose homeostasis. Increasing nitric oxide production will, therefore, offer more glycogen storage for increased energy synthesis. This will also result in quick recovery between training sessions.
How Do I Increase NO in My Body?
The most common and easiest way to increase NO is through exercise. Exercise accelerates blood flow which in turn stimulates the production of NO. When you lift free weights or run on the treadmill, your muscles require more oxygen. This oxygen is supplied by the blood. What follows is that your heart will pump harder to supply the muscles with the blood. Your arteries’ lining then releases NO into the blood to relax and widen the vessel wall. Wider vessels mean more blood will flow to the muscles.
To increase your NO, you should change your diet and lifestyle. Many people are beginning to comprehend why eating nutrients found in certain foods is an effective way to boost the body’s NO levels. Consume more amino acids L-citrulline and L-arginine. Arginine is readily available in beets, leafy green vegetables, dairy, fruits, nuts and other high-protein foods. It directly synthesizes NO and citrulline inside your body cells. The reaction is catalyzed by NO synthase enzyme (NOS). The citrulline is afterward recycled back into arginine. For best results, the enzymes tasked with the job of converting arginine into citrulline and vice versa should function optimally to enable efficient synthesis of NO. To protect such enzymes, ensure to consume antioxidants and healthy food like Vitamin C, soy, garlic, alpha lipoic acid and CoQ10.
It is worth mentioning that nitric acid lasts in your blood vessels for only 90 seconds, after which your body needs to manufacture more. The human body possesses the ability to regenerate NO every few hours. So it is important to provide as much antioxidant protection as possible.
Now you understand what Nitric Oxide really is and its role in enhancing athletic performance. The best way to maintaining a healthy level of Nitric Oxide is regularly exercising and sticking to a varied plant-based diet.
- Extra Strength Nitric Oxide: Our premium nitric oxide supplements stack includes: L Arginine, Niacin, Calcium, L Arginine Akg 2:1 Extract, L Citrulline, Malate Extract and Beta Alanine; These extra strength ingredients provide for supercharged muscle pumps
- Supports Muscle Growth and Recovery: SilverOnyx Nitric Oxide supplements for men are specially formulated with L Citrulline and L Arginine for help support muscle growth and recovery from normal workout routines
- Increased Workout Performance: Nitric Oxide help support workout performance, providing a powerful 'pump' and gym performance
- Made in the Usa: Each bottle of our Nitric Oxide Arginine Supplement is proudly manufactured and bottled in the Usa facility following strict cGmp guidelines; Tested by third party lab for quality and purity
- Related: Nitric Oxide Supplements for Men and Women l arginine arganine argenine benefits best big body capsules citrulline complex daily energy extra brain focus formula gain growth high increase larginine lean male mens monoxide muscle name natural nitrate nitrogen nitrous no powder pre preworkout preworkouts protein pump iron silveronyx strength supplement test workout
- COMBINATION OF L CITRULLINE AND L ARGININE: This combination of the two most vital amino acids are needed to get the most from your work out. Out Nitric oxide supplement provides everything your body needs to push your exercise to the next level.
- PRE WORK OUT SUPPLEMENT: It doesn’t matter what sport you are in, either you are a pro or want to boost your work outs to the next level. We Guarantee that you will feel the power of our nitric oxide formula from day 1
- ENERGY LEVELS AND PERFORMANCE FORMULA - Our amino acids that convert into strong nitric oxide help keep your energy levels up through out your workout. Feel the different during your pumps and reach new levels of your exercise during pre workout, during workout and post workout.
- IMPROVE MUSCLE FLOW AND MUSCLE GROWTH - The strong combination of L-Arginine,L Citrulline, as well as other herbal ingredients in our powerful Nitric Oxide booster work synergistically to funnel clean oxygen and nutrient-rich blood straight into your muscle cells. This pre workout fuel kick starts the anabolic process, and means greater endurance and stronger pumps for record-setting workouts.
- 90 DAY GUARANTEE: We believe in our STRONG NITRIC OXIDE BOOSTER FORMULA, however as with most supplements, results aren’t instant. We encourage you to take the daily dosage for a full 90 days, and if it doesn’t work as described simply send it back for a full refund
- Meet the next generation of beet root powder: Toniiq Beet Root powder capsules bring the most potent levels of healthy blood pressure and stamina support on the market. Our Beet Root extract contains an unprecedented 4% nitrates, the main active compound that gives beets their powerful ability to help the body with improved blood circulation and stamina. Most other beet root supplements and blood pressure supplement products contain less than 1%!
- More nitrates = more value and benefits: Healthy beets are rich in nitrates, which the body changes into nitric oxide, which helps with blood flow and blood pressure. Each serving of our 1400 mg beet root powder provides you with a whopping 56mg of nitrates, making this one of the highest strength beet root supplements around. This means you can take fewer capsules while getting much more optimal support for athletic performance.
- Setting a new standard for purity: To ensure that you are getting a high-quality beet root supplement, each batch is tested for quality and purity both during and after manufacturing.
- Quality, first, and foremost: In order to meet the highest regulatory standards, Toniiq products are produced in a GMP-certified and NSF-approved state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Miami, USA. Our products are vegan-friendly, have no additional preservatives, and are free of wheat and gluten*
- Nitric oxide in a nutshell; nitric oxide may sound like something a mad scientist would create, but it's actually a naturally occurring molecule your body needs; automatically, your body converts the amino acid arginine, found in our l-arginine and l-citrulline ingredient combination, into a benefit packed nitric oxide
- A tiny molecule with a big job; we know just how important it is to take care of your vital organs, which is why our arginine supplement is specially formulated for better overall blood circulation; each nitric oxide molecule works to relax your blood vessels so that oxygen can flow more freely throughout your body
- Say yes to nitric oxide; our customers can't get enough of our nitric oxide supplements, join them in saying yes to all-day energy, increased physical endurance, better post-workout muscle recovery, and overall improved blood circulation from head to toe
- Muscle builder for men and women; with age and stress, we know it can be hard to get past your fitness plateau; our nitric oxide booster supplements can help give you the endurance you need to workout harder and longer, so that you can see improved muscle growth and vascularity quicker
- Benefits beyond the gym; our nitrous oxide supplements for men and women, will provide you with all of the full-body benefits that increased oxygen has to offer; our supplements are formulated with the most effective natural ingredients at the perfect doses because your overall health and wellness is our priority
- WHAT IS NITRIC OXIDE? Nitric Oxide is naturally produced by your body. Almost every single cell in your body produces Nitric Oxide. Nitric Oxide is a vasodilator, which means it dilates and relaxes the inner muscles of blood vessels. This causes your blood vessels to widen and relax which in effect increases blood flow and supports normal blood pressure levels.
- WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO TAKE NITRIC OXIDE? As we age our bodies lose the ability to produce nitric oxide naturally. By the time we reach the age of 40 we produce about 50% less nitric oxide that we did at the age of 20 which may cause inflammation and plaque buildup. At the age of 50 we are producing about 35% of nitric oxide, which can cause calcium build up and stiffening of the arteries. Finally at the age of 60 plus we can be down to only 15% of natural nitric oxide production.
- WHAT IS L-ARGININE AND L-CITRULLINE? L- Arginine converts into Nitric Oxide in the Body, and L- Citrulline is converted into L-Arginine which is then converted into Nitric Oxide. L-Arginine is more of a fast acting boost of nitric oxide production as L-Citrulline is converted when the body needs to use it. So with our 2:1 ratio not only do you get the instant effect, but you also keep your nitric oxide levels up as your body will use the L-Citrulline as needed to convert into Nitric Oxide.
- WHY US? We do extensive research with all of our products to insure that our products have no artificial ingredients, chemicals, or preservatives. Our Nitric Oxide Blend is formulated to increase your blood flow, support your blood pressure, and support your physical well being.
- ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS - At Natures Pure Blend, we strive to live up to our name. With our supplements, you'll always find 100% natural ingredients, which included science-based clinically effective dosages. We hold ourselves to the highest standard of quality and integrity and have committed to NEVER using artificial sweeteners, food dyes, or harmful additives.
- Elite Nitric Oxide Booster: Power through your workouts with skin-tearing pumps, endless endurance, and increased strength. N.O. XT was scientifically created using the most cutting-edge ingredients that help boost nitric oxide and enhance blood flow to the muscle during training. Improved blood flow allows for greater nutrient delivery and muscle fullness. Just one dose of N.O. XT pre workout and you’ll feel the difference!
- Pumps, Performance, Muscle Growth: Nitric oxide is important for relaxing and expanding blood vessels while you train. Boosting nitric oxide helps fuel nutrient delivery to working muscle tissue, creating an optimal anabolic environment for muscle building. Moreover, the increased blood flow will enhance your pumps, strength, and endurance in the gym.
- How It Works: Improved nitric oxide production helps improve blood flow throughout the body, supporting every function from workout performance to heart health. The cutting-edge N.O. XT formula uses only premium n.o boosting ingredients, including the most potent form of L-Arginine on the market—Nitrosigine Inositol-Stabilized Arginine Silicate. Stacked with L Citrulline, L Glutathione, and Bioperine, N.O XT is a hard-hitting nitric oxide supplement for men and women.
- Manufactured in a USA cGMP Facility: All Jacked Factory supplements are manufactured in a state-of-the-art cGMP facility.
- Daily use may help boost nitric oxide in your body for healthy circulation and heart health.
- Created by HumanN based on exclusive patents licensed from the University of Texas Health Science Center, this proprietary, patented formula helps support healthy blood pressure levels already in the normal range.
- An alternative to traditional diets and l-arginine supplements, Neo40 may help promote increased circulation throughout the body and support overall cardiovascular health.
- Take 1-2 tablets daily (12 hours apart) during the first 30-45 days. After this phase, take only one tablet daily.
- This pack contains 30 chewable/dissolvable tablets.
- STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR HEART - Feel the Surge of Life Pulsing Throughout Your Body Again. Increase blood flow for men and women, improve circulation to better experience swiftly moving blood. Which is your body's greatest healing force that unlocks the secrets of life, health and age-reversal.
- HELPS YOU ENJOY A SURGE IN ENERGY - Boost Nitric Oxide by 230% in 3 hours. You’ll feel it working rapidly so you have sustained energy, stamina and endurance right away. Opening up the arteries allows blood to move freely throughout your body, delivering life giving nutrients and oxygen to every cell. Nitric Oxide vasodilator
- OPEN BLOOD VESSELS BY 62% - with a single dose for healthy blood pressure and a stronger heart and that means enjoy vibrant health. Supports varicose veins flow and a healthy Blood pressure.
- ENJOY HEALTHY ENERGETIC LEGS AND FEET - Improve Blood Flow And Say Goodbye to Weak Circulation. Optimize strong circulation to maintain healthy organs including your brain, heart, lungs, kidneys, liver and skin.
- SUPERCHARGED NITRIC OXIDE - Nitric Oxide more than any all natural product available on the market. Provides truly vibrant health. Raises the circulation in micro-vessels that are even smaller than a human hair, to improve the health of every cell, organ, tissue and extremity in your body even your sex life.
- Extra Strength L Arginine: Our premium nitric oxide supplements stack includes: L Arginine, Niacin, Calcium, L Arginine Akg 2:1 Extract, L Citrulline, Malate Extract and Beta Alanine; These ingredients support muscle pumps, growth and recovery
- Workout Hard: Supports strength, pump, and gym performance
- Premium Nitric Oxide specially formulated to support muscles and recovery from normal workout routines
- Citrulline Malate, Aakg, Beta Alanine
- Related: L Arginine Capsules For Muscle Support 1000 3000 500 5000 amino arginin body bodybuilding booster boosters citrulline cream energy extra flow growth high increase l'arginine l arginine l citrulline l arginine loss male men mg natural life nutrition nitrate nitric nitro nitrous no no2 no3 optimizer oxide oxido powder pre side spring strength supplement supplements support vascularity vitamins weight women
- Our supplement helps rapidly increase your body’s Nitric Oxide levels in order to improve energy levels, build muscle, and aid your body's circulation
- Formulated with L-Arginine, L-Citrulline, AAKG, and Beetroot Extract to ensure you optimal performance results and health benefits
- Nitric Oxide helps helps deliver oxygen and nutrients to the body through enhanced circulation (which also assists in faster recovery time) and increases your natural energy at the cellular level
- Nitric oxide is produced by nearly every type of cell in the human body and is one of the most important molecules for blood vessel health
- We stand behind every product to ensure its authentic and sustainable manufacturing process. We formulate with good stuff you want, not stuff you don't