Even though weight loss is a very common goal, you’ll be surprised at the number of people who actually want to gain weight. Putting on pounds also requires a concerted effort. Some individuals don’t gain weight naturally, no matter how much they eat. They’ll do anything to gain that extra pound of muscular body weight. Common reasons to gain weight include looking more muscular, improving daily functioning and enhancing athleticism.
Medical conditions that can make you underweight include diabetes type 1, hyperthyroidism, viral infections, eating disorders, stress, unhealthy diet and genes. Being underweight can affect your health and self-esteem. Health problems associated with being underweight include weak bones, weakened immunity, infertility and hair loss. If you want to gain weight, you should focus on gaining muscle. It’s healthier to gain most of your weight as muscle instead of fat.
One of the proven ways to deal with being underweight is to consume foods that will help you gain weight. Most people turn to protein-rich foods such as chicken, eggs, and milk for the desired results. We don’t dispute that these foods are healthy, but the results can take ages, and not mention that some people may develop allergies with too much consumption. It doesn’t always work to just eat more with the aim of gaining weight or increasing muscle.
Best Supplements to Gain Weight
What if I told you there’s a better approach to gaining weight? Consuming supplements and complementing it with hard and heavy training is the way to go. Supplements will provide you protein and calories, and allow you to train harder. If you’re in the bracket of people wishing to gain weight, you’re at the right place. We narrow down the thousands of weight supplements to only 5. They are amongst the best the market has to offer. They will provide you with the desired results in a very minimal period.
NAKED MASS Natural Weight Gainer Protein Powder
- ONLY THREE INGREDIENTS: Naked Whey, Naked Casein and Organic Maltodextrin (made from gluten free organic tapioca). Naked Mass contains no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors and is GMO Free, Growth Hormone Free, Soy Free and Gluten Free.
- MAXIMUM NUTRITION: 50g of Protein, 252g of Carbs, 1,250 Calories, 11.5g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) per serving and only 5g sugar.
- MULTI-PHASE CLEAN PROTEIN: Gain weight with grass-fed whey and casein that provides your body with healthy amino acids to keep protein synthesis up throughout the day. Transform yourself from a hard gainer to a pro gainer.
- PREMIUM COMPLEX CARBOHYDRATES: Unlike other weight gainer supplements that use wheat-based maltodextrins, Naked Mass is a serious, true mass gainer and uses gluten free organic tapioca maltodextrin for clean source complex carbohydrates.
- BEST WEIGHT GAINER SHAKES AND RECIPES: Our unflavored super mass gainer protein powder is versatile for making smoothies and recipes. Boost calories and give your body optimum nutrition by adding Naked Mass to protein bars, cookies and more.
The NAKED MASS Protein Powder is made of 3 ingredients only – Naked Whey, Naked Casein and Organic Maltodextrin. With this non- GMO supplement, there are no added sugars, preservatives, colors, or sweeteners. That’s not all; it’s also soy and growth hormone free. In simpler words, there aren’t any adverse side effects associated with this supplement. You can consume it, knowing that you’re assured of your safety. A serving gives you 50g of Protein, 252g of Carbs, 1,250 Calories, 11.5g of BCAAs and only 5g sugar.
The Whey and Casein make its protein easily digestible. Your muscles are fed with enough amino acids to regenerate themselves after intense workouts. Available in unflavored, chocolate and vanilla flavors, this supplement is versatile and can be used in your favorite smoothie or mixed with food recipes. The NAKED MASS Natural Weight Gainer Protein Powder is an excellent choice for people allergic to soy and gluten. If you’re in search of a pure supplement that will provide you with the desired results, this is your pick.
OPTIMUM NUTRITION Serious Mass Weight Gainer Protein Powder
- High Calorie Weight Gainer: 1,250 Calories per 2-Scoop Serving
- 50 Grams of Protein per Serving. Over 250 Grams of Carbohydrates per Serving
- 25 Vitamins & Minerals Plus Creatine & Glutamine. No added sugar
- Using an Electric Blender to Add Fresh or Frozen Fruits, Peanut Butter, Nuts & Other Calorie Dense Foods to Boost Your Weight Gain Potential
- Search "ON Apparel True Strength" to see our new ON clothing line
Just as its name suggests, this is a supplement for people who are serious about gaining weight. Serious weight gain goals require serious calories. Coming with 1250 calories per 2 scoop serving, you will add that desired weight in no time. This supplement contains the most calorie percentage, more than any supplement in the market. You can go for a more prominent shot of calories by mixing it with milk. That should give you up to 1500 calories! Its ingredients comprise of whey protein concentrate, egg albumen, dairy whey, and calcium caseinate. No added sugar.
The supplement moderates the release of protein form your body and retains much of it throughout the day. For easy mixing, you should consider using a blender. When it comes to its taste, the serious mass weight gainer isn’t that bad, nor is it too strong. It is sweet and creamy. With the different flavors such as chocolate mixed with milk, you won’t have the awful taste that comes with most supplements. For quick results, less than four weeks, consider the OPTIMUM NUTRITION Serious Mass Weight Gainer Protein Powder for excellent results. You can use it between meals, after weight training and before bed.
Cytosport Monster Massive Nutritional Drink
- Helps stimulate muscle protein synthesis
- Carb boost
- Helps stimulate muscle growth
Finding a weight gainer supplement with 125 grams of carb in it is rare. Combined with a smart eating and hydration plan, the CytoSport Monster Massive Nutritional Drink is among the limited bracket. For high quality, effective and a supplement, that’s worth every of your coin; this is what you’re looking for. The supplement is designed to provide the body with as much calorie as possible for muscle growth. What we love most about this supplement is that it’s easy to mix. You don’t need blending like the Serious Mass Weight Gainer. Digestion also occurs quickly and easily.
Ingredients used to make the Cytosport Monster Massive Nutritional Drink include papain, bromelain, aminogen, and lactase. With these ingredients, expect a high absorption property. The supplement is 98 percent pure, and so lactose tolerant issues are a thing of the past with this product. The Monster Massive supplement is cookie flavored for a pleasant taste. We highly recommend the chocolate flavor. A bottle gives you 10 servings.
OPTIMUM NUTRITION Pro Gainer Weight Gainer Protein Powder
- 660 CALORIES - delivering calories that count to support your gains
- 60G PROTEIN BLEND - support your mass gaining goals with high-quality protein
- 85G CARBOHYDRATES - help restore energy levels
- 7g SUGAR (OR LESS)
- 32 VITAMINS & MINERALS - because the nutrient needs of very active individuals may be greater than those of less active people
OPTIMUM NUTRITION Pro Gainer Weight Gainer Protein Powder is an excellent supplement to add that extra lean of meat. The difference between this supplement from others is that it’s much lighter in carbs. Each of its servings contains 650 calories, 80 grams of carbohydrates, and 60 grams of proteins. In addition, the supplement also contains 5 grams of fiber per serving to assist in digesting all the protein and carbs contained in the product.
Its ingredients include magnesium, iodine, iron, chromium, vitamins C, B-6, and B-12. It also contains digestive enzymes and triglycerides (MCTs). MCTs are fats which boost the body’s energy levels. To boost the taste, this supplement comes in 4 flavors: Strawberry Cream, Double Chocolate, Vanilla Custard, and Banana Cream Pie. It comes in 2 sizes – 5 pound tubs and 10 pound bags. The formula is easy to mix. You only need to shake it for 20 minutes after mixing with water, and it’s good to go!
BSN TRUE MASS Weight Gainer Protein Powder
- 700 CALORIES PER SERVING - help add the quality mass to your frame that you've been looking for post-workout or even between meals
- 2:1 RATIO OF CARBS & PROTEIN - provide your body a quality mix of carbs and protein the support your mass gaining goals
- 46G-50G PROTEIN FROM ULTRA-PREMIUM PROTEIN SOURCES -whey protein concentrate, calcium caseinate, milk protein isolate, whey protein isolate, micellar casein, hydrolyzed whey protein, and egg whites
- MCT FATS - round out the nutritional value of each shake and complement the legendary great date from BSN
- 10G NATURALLY OCCURRING BCAAs PER SERVING - supports your recovery efforts from intense bouts of exercise
Last on our list is the BSN TRUE Mass Weight Gainer Protein Powder. Its last position isn’t an implication of its inferiority in performance. On the contrary, this supplement brings something new to the table. It contains different types of proteins from ultra-premium protein sources, each containing different absorption rates. This assists in spiking up your blood amino acids and also retaining much protein in your body. Some of the ingredients contained in it include protein matrix, soy lecithin, maltodextrin, and creamer.
The beauty of this supplement is that it provides 700 calories per serving, 10g naturally occurring BCAAs and 50g protein in 2:1 ratio with workout fueling carbs. It comes with the high digestive property and allows your body to take in so much in so little time. All in all, this is a great supplement if you’re serious about adding lots of weight.
Proper nutrition and sufficient exercises are the real drivers of quality weight and muscle gain. Dietary supplements can be convenient ways to help you consume more protein and calories or gain strength. Each of the above supplements has something different that makes it qualify to our best weight gaining supplements. Their results are quick. With no time, you’ll be as big as the next person. You should, however, consult your doctor to know how much weight you should gain.
Now that you know which supplements to go for, don’t forget to work out. Without workouts, no amount of supplements will change your condition. Remember, the secret lies in your mindset. You can achieve anything as long as you put your mind to it!